Review of Socio-Economic Research and Development Studies (ReSERDS)
ISSN 2599 – 5464 (print)
ISSN 2718 – 9694 (online)
Jointly published by the Visayas Socio-Economic Research and Data Analytics Center (ViSERDAC) and Department of Economics (DOE), College of Management and Economics (CME), Visayas State University
Address: ViSERDAC, Visayas State University, Visca, Baybay City, Leyte, 6521, Philippines
Telephone number: +63 53 565 – 0600 local 1122
Email address: [email protected]
Aims and Scope
The Review of Socio-Economic Research and Development Studies (ReSERDS) is a peer-reviewed, open-access, and applied multidisciplinary journal that publishes scientific articles and contemporary research findings of high scholarly merit in socio-economics and development studies in the Philippines, particularly in the Visayas region. It welcomes submissions and draws relevant experiences from other countries. It accepts theoretical, empirical or qualitative papers on a wide range of topics employing appropriate approaches. ReSERDS aims to publish original research and paid particular attention evidence-based studies.
ReSERDS aims to serve as an integrating platform for researchers, policy-makers, practitioners, educators, students and other relevant stakeholders who are interested in socio-economics and development studies. ReSERDS is an open-access journal and aims to disseminate scholarly works facilitating international and local dialogues on practical approaches to address socio-economic and development issues. We are advocating for free exchange of scholarly information and ideas devoted to the advancement of societal welfare. We are committed to the highest ethical standards of research and publication.
ReSERDS accepts two kinds of submissions: (i) original research articles and (ii) research briefs. Research articles are longer and contain more technical information while research briefs are relatively shorter and have less technical information but contain substantive information intended for decision-makers, managers, or policymakers.
The scope of this journal is open to contributions from all fields in economics and applied social sciences. The subject areas include but, are not limited to the following fields:
Disaster Risk Management
Finance and Marketing
Food Security and Nutrition
Natural Resource Management
Peace and International Relations
Rural and Urban Studies
Tourism and Hospitality Management
ReSERDS is fairly open to diverse approaches, analyses, conclusions and recommendations as long as they are judged to be rigorous and scientifically sound by our reviewers and editorial board. ReSERDS uses a double-blind review process in evaluating the scientific merit of manuscripts submitted for publication. ReSERDS welcomes submissions from natural sciences and other related disciplines who highlights socio-economic concerns in their research findings that are deemed to be important contributors to the general welfare of the society.
ReSERDS is jointly published by the Visayas Socio-Economic Research and Data Analytics Center (ViSERDAC) and Department of Economics (DOE), College of Management and Economics, Visayas State University, Visca, Baybay City, Leyte, Philippines. This is published every December of each year.
1. Manuscripts should be written in English. Research articles should be about 20-25 pages with 8,000 words maximum inclusive of references, tables, and figures while research briefs should be around 10-15 pages of about 4,000 words maximum.
2. It should constitute the name of author/s and co-author/s including their respective addresses, affiliations and e-mail information. A corresponding author will be identified if the manuscript is written by two or more authors.
3. Authors should submit their manuscripts in .doc or .docx format using the online submission portal. To submit, please register, log in and follow the submission guide in uploading your documents.
Fees and Charges
Publication of article is free of charge.
Indexed and Abstracted
- Google Scholar
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Penn Libraries, University of Pennsylvania
- University Libraries, Northern Illinois University
- Bielefeld Academic Search Engine (BASE), Universität Bielefeld
- CAB International (CABI)
- Ulrich’s Periodicals Directory
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.